Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sharpie doodles in Moleskine #1

These are some drawings I did in my 3x5" Moleskine weekly planner after discovering that I doodle in it more than I plan :S

On a rainy day without an umbrella I was stuck at a coffee shop waiting for the rain to stop. I had nothing but this planner I didn't plan in, and a couple of sharpies and a pencil.
To burn some time, I just started doodling, and ended up with this.

I'm told, this isn't really doodling because it's not entirely spontaneous;for the sake of this post I am going to call it wrongfully "doodling."

I  found that I enjoyed doodling although it was never really my thing; I was always a serious artist, you know, that only creates work that conveyed deep meaning and never anything FUN.

Whatever it is,  I found this so relaxing, so enjoyable - and this one piece was more than I'd written in the darn thing, so I thought I'd turn the book into a doodle book instead.

To cover up the lines and some writings I had put down in an attempt to encourage myself to use the thing,  I put a thin layer of gesso then painted over with gouche or acrylic or whatever I had on hand- and doodled at a cafe or at home with a nice cuppa tea/caffeinated bevy and a box of short-breads XD  Hope you like!

Glow worm


 This is one of my favourite phrases.
Whenever I am feeling a little blah, this little phrase/quote/whatever always manages to bring a smile to my face. It's not as organized as I envisioned which makes it hard to read, but  it but it says:

"I wish I was a glow worm. How can you be glum when the sun shines out of your bum?"

I dunno...I can't.

 

Girls










I watched "A Little Princess" and it is true; every little girl is a princess - even when the child grows into old age - to any parent their child is and always will be, a little royalty.







Favourite Things
  









This is my mind on a regular day. things that inspire, things I love and things that make me happy.









"Granted"





A lesson we should all learn....it's not easy for some to not be taken for granted - and it's hard for some to resist taking others for granted.
Hair


















First ever attempt at self portrait... looking at it now, it reminds me of the light, rosy and warm feeling that you get (Sometimes dramatic too) when warm/cool gentle breeze sweeps through your hair...






No comments:

Post a Comment