Friday, March 29, 2013

Cinderella - Major project #2 - Grimms brothers

Whoa!
This was a tough little project - mainly because I had to work with little or no colour and that is just not something I've done before.
This is the 2nd piece of a three part series I am making for an illustration class I am taking - the first explored the Cinderella story by Disney and this one was based on the Grimm brother's version = they really are a set of grim dudes, let me tell ya! While reading this story it came to me that this is probably one of the few versions of the fairytale which deals with the idea of being punishment and I really wanted to show that through. I wanted to create a grim piece of black and white with a shocking statement of punishment by blood; where a dove is the deliverer of punishment and a bush is the source of magic - and this is what came out.
the writing says "As you sow, shall you reap" in Hindi.
You can see the working process here: http://youtu.be/20S1yYyTaHo

No comments:

Post a Comment