Saturday, July 19, 2014

Travelbook update with tiny haul from a stationary store.

This took so much longer than I thought it would to put together.
As you know my first book binding experience using thread wasn't very good - it's now being held together by tape that I had placed on the spines to prevent bleeding and by the layers over the tape. Either way it's being held together, so I am not complaining.

Originally, I had started working on some covers because I felt that there was a real possibly that I will be making a book with hard cover for the trip, and of course to house all my little booklets that's now lost a home :(  While I am still going to make a home for all my lovely booklets that were once signatures - I have also decided to make another booklet for the trip using the pages I glued together, rather than a book on its own. I think what I will end up is a large fat book that will house all my little booklets from year 2014.  I figured a cereal box would be perfect for this but I digress.

So here is what the little booklet for the Nova Scotia trip turned out to look like.
I threw in almost EVERYTHING I had collected while there like the paper gift bags and snack holder I got on flight and of course the plane tickets. I forgot to show it in the video but every other page is only glued around the edges so that it makes a pocket for all the post cards I got, where a bit of journaling can live. Then I threw in a couple of envelopes that came in the mail as well just in case.
This book was bound using Saddle Stitch tutorial from Sea Lemon ,who really does short and to the point tutorials.



This sounds kinda crazy but instead of covering up theses ads and bits that's exclusive to Nova Scotia, I am thinking of just leaving the background as it is - I guess its more of a smash journal then an art journal.  I'm waiting for my pictures to "develop" so hopefully next week I can get an AFTER video here for ya.

In other news, I bumped into this super adorable stationary store while grocery shopping in Koreatown called MR. PEN.









 It's fairly new, but it was buzzing with people looking and omg there is a whole TABLE dedicated to writing tools -pens, pencils, mechanical pens and pencils... my jaw reached the ground and rolled away from me like they would in a cartoon show!!!


while browsing , I realized they also sold little glass charms for your phones, which glow in the dark so you can find your phone anywhere!! I had received one as a gift and left it in Nova Scotia, which was sad because I didn't know where it came from, but now I can replace it!!!

Of course I had to get a few pens too - and because retail therapy is awesome, I decided to buy a few pens and charms for my coworkers who had made my stay at my new gig incredibly enjoyable,so much so that Iit doesn't feel like a job.  I love these pens - they're so cute and funny :D




That's all today.

Hope you like,

Love Always,
Shines.











No comments:

Post a Comment