Tuesday, July 29, 2014

What a weekend!

Never mind, what a week!
It started with me flying off my bicycle on my way to work  -same route I've been using everyday - I got caught between streetcar tracks and by the time I realized what was happening, I was already on the ground.  Thankfully I got away with some serious bruisings and one wonky wrist and nothing was broken.
Over the weekend - my friends and I decided to take a short trip for a nice picnic and light hiking - which turned into some serious hiking and climbing down rocks to get to the bottom of a water fall. The next day I biked across town with an avid cyclist and I can't believe I made it alive.

These things made me realize what I was taking for granted - good working limbs and general good health and luck - that I avoided some serious set backs. Thank myself for always keeping active in case I have to climb down rocks at least few feet to get to the bottom of a refreshing waterfall.
It reminded me that I had good friends that I could have fun with - and good company makes all the difference in the world. Life was not still going the sour route, as the days like to let us think that it is.
I just needed to be more patient with myself, as I am with so many others.

I really wanted to write some of this down and I was so glad that I had started a Book of days where some journaling can be incorporated.
This page in particular, I am super happy with.
I did some collaging, some doodling and journaling - all three things I always  want to incorporate in a spread. I love the colors and the imagery- I really felt like I was springly and limber - and that I could do anything with the people I was with. I appreciated being alive and well enough mind and body, that I could enjoy such moments.

I hope more of these moments happen....

Hope you liked,

Love always,
Shines


No comments:

Post a Comment