Saturday, March 5, 2016

Freebie Friday : St. Patrick's Day crochet patterns

HELLLLLOOO <3
It's been awhile - life ran away with me again and I am currently doing shift work which makes everything , including getting proper sleep - a challenge.  The good thing is, I haven't lost the creative flow and I've been true to my word so far, and have been working more on my artsy side. When I get my crafty mojo back, I will try to juggle both? but we shall see. I'm really happy with the progress I am making so far in my planner and journals (which I will do a quarterly flip video) and my art journal from 2015 that was left untouched as I got carried away by the crochet storm last year, is also finally being finished so there will be a flip for that also in the near future.

is this not the CUTEST thing?!
BACK to topic :D
March is a busy month-there is St. Patty's day on the 17th and then Easter on the 27th - so we drink our faces off then we get sugar high on chocolate (can I get a hallelujah?) And while I've always been an active participant of these holidays I've not really looked into what it was all about; so, this time around I decided to learn a little more about each of the holidays that we celebrate and share some patterns readily available out there.

First,  there are some interesting myths about this Saint. Although he is the patron saint of  Ireland...he's not actually Irish. In fact, it was to Ireland that he was kidnapped to from Great Britain!  He was "called" by the Lord and later returned to Ireland to deliver it  from sin (I assume?) as a cleric. He drove out snakes, turned sticks into trees and came up with a whole bunch of symbolism (I love Celtic stuff)... apparently the green color that represents St. Patty's and Ireland in general to us - is an American invention.... :O Anyway, if you are interested you can read more about it here:
There are some TRULY cute patterns available for this day....like that picture above - it is SO flipping cute!!! I'm not fortunate enough to have kids but it certainly makes me wanna make'em for someone's kids!! Anyhow, after much pondering here is a short list of the patterns I loved on the net!
I honestly think that little doggy hat is just a modification of pot of gold design....I may put one together to torture my cat with LOL

That's really all folks,
keep on hookin'

No comments:

Post a Comment