Monday, December 25, 2017

Blushin' Hippie




OKAY.
I FINALLY DID IT.
I MADE MY FIRST BUTTON JOINED DOLL.

This doll is product of many trials...  I want to almost call it my test baby.
I tried crocheting eyes as small as I can (which wasn't that small, her eyes are about 1.5" in diameter)tried different stuffing, and tried to join the limbs...all turned into a great success , I love the way she turned out.
She has a pretty blush, GORGEOUS eyes and a doily heart on her butt (I had made this as part of another project- then lost it and it suddenly reappeared to belong to her behind).

Initially this project started with a box of yarn a friend sent (that she's been hoarding hoping one day she will magically become a great knitter/ crocheter and cover her space with hippo things and purple) along with a Happopotus pattern by Heidi bears. I made a giant hippo (footrest size really) and still had enough yarn to make a Max the dog by Heidi among other things and this little bashful gal...and there are still much yarn left, I need to make another Heidi hippo or something, this is hindering my shopping tendencies lol.

I am HORRID at coming up with names so she will just be Blushin' Hippie for now....this pattern is a simple mod from Heart & Sew's Happy Hippo which looks like the little standing one to the left. IT is adorable just as it is and the pattern is SO EASY  to follow ! the only tip I would say is to print out the darn thing, it will make life so much easier.

This is a BIG doll; she stands about 18" tall using a 3.5mm hook - she's absolutely cuddlable and reminds me of holding a baby she's just that size and build.

Super fun to make and super easy to follow instructions  with lots of details and notes on how to make your baby perfect.... I recommend making 2 if this is a gift, because you may NOT want to part with it once you're done ( I could not LOL).

that's all today! happy hookin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment