Friday, January 1, 2016

Freebie Friday:Hello Kitty

This past week I made Hello Kitty for a 2 year old girl.
Hello Kitty is infamous - I personally have never been a fan - I never really understood why it was so famous. It didn't seem all that cute to me and it was just too "girly" for me, lol. HONESTLY I don't know why it's not ever appealed to me.

Anyhow. I made one and it turned out pretty darn cute and it is a perfect size (it measures about 9.5") for a little girl to carry it around.
I seem to have a serious problem following instructions to a tee so I was pretty BENT on following this pattern to a tee. HOWEVER, I don't think I'm not meant to follow patterns because my friend wanted the kitty to wear its original yellow and blue out fit ....which is cute.

I really like the group of primary colors together - its so bright and cheery <3 Of course, the pattern I had on hand and meant to use was Ballerina Hello Kitty ... with the cutest tutu and ballet shoes and the frilly skirt which just swallowed me whole in it's cuteness. I was even going to make the legs separate, even though that's not really my thing. But since I was going to have to make modifications (I couldn't find a patter that fit the pictured - although google found me one now that I've improvised one) I decided to join the legs as well. I was reallllllllllllllly not sure about the embroidering of the facial features - that wasn't really really something I was used to. I drew the shape and tried it a few different times in different ways but the easiest way was the best way.

Either way, I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.!
That's all for the week - keep on hookin'

Love always,
Shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment