Friday, April 18, 2014

Freebies - Dooberrie

This is another little piece I found that I had coloured when I was following along the book by J "Neondragon"Peffer called "How to draw fantasy charecters" . I love this little pixie - the way she stands and the drapery and the colour. I wasn't a big fan of the smile showing the teeth and the wings were a bit smaller than I 'd like so I made some alterations - which again, makes me feel that I can distribute these as I see fit - and is now available for you.



There is a little story behind this which you may find either offensive or funny - but I found it to be hilarious.
When I was practicing drawing this lil lady on a 5" x 7" card (I tell you there were many a cards wasted, she's a trixy lil' thing), I wanted her to have the beautiful, vibrant blues, pinks and greens...and just SCREAM vibrant in your face; I was having hard time finding a good reference photo until my friend showed me THIS photo of what I understand to be an incredibly desirable state of weed. With all reservations aside ,I have to agree that the  colour combination here is EXACTLY what I was looking for - I would love to live in a space with these colours!!!





http://shynimoonstar.deviantart.com/art/Line-art-for-Dooberrie-284217352  Armed with this....unexpected source of inspiration for colour, I banged out this final verion which you can download.

There are a couple of other line art available for download as well  - feel free to use them :)
http://shynimoonstar.deviantart.com/gallery/35023426

This is what I ended up with.
I was bend on creating beautiful works using inexpensive materials. While I was making this, a friend of mine suggested that this be a fairy for doobs - bare with me , I promise this is kinda funny - she would be like a toothfairy but for doobies (for those who aren't familar, because I wasn't when I first heard this term - this is a small spliff or a joint or a roll of weed). So, how she would work is whenever someone is getting low on their joint, they would butt it out and then put it under their pillow and BAM! a second later, a whole new joint would be there in place of the tiny one.

*shrug* I don't know I thought it was funny, thus named her "Dooberrie." I hope enjoy,  and let me know how your fairy turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment