Sunday, April 13, 2014

Freebies - mermaid

Okay.
I cannot beeeeeliiieve this isn't on here... I came about this mishap when I told a friend of mine to check out the blog for a line art I made a whilllle back following and incredibly well written and WONDERFUL BOOK by J "Neondragon"Peffer called "How to draw fantasy charecters" which I borrowed from the library;my  drawings are all a modified version of her pieces which makes me feel that I can distribute my version as I see fit. In general, I like to give my characters unrealistic amounts of hair because I like working on them and because I, personally, have unrealistic amount of hair according to my hairdresser.

This book was such an inspiration for me to start drawing again, that I would highly recommend it to anyone who  is pondering about picking up that old art kit your parents got you for art class way back when.  Just look at it - it's so pretty I love the colours, the background and the composition.



Although I made a few of the linearts I only ever got enough gull to try to color the mermaid - I coloured it in markers (crayola mostly - the one to the right), water colors and pencil crayons(one to the left). You are welcome to use the line art and have a ball with it as you see fit , like Lynda did here .

Just click on the picture for the lineart:)

http://shynimoonstar.deviantart.com/art/Lineart-for-Mermaid-284217982

No comments:

Post a Comment