Friday, December 4, 2015

freebie Friday : Baymaxed

I feel pretty unqualified to profess any kinda love towards this character as I have not seen the movie. NO, I HAVEN'T. Which is particularly bad in my case because I absolutely ADORE animation films... but its been a while since I made my way into the theatre or back to the tele. Having said that I love the design of this character (round and fluffy is awesome) , and the trailers and bits I've seen I absolutely loved.

The first one I made - I have NO idea where I got the pattern from - and I guess I didn't think to bookmark it - but I almost think I tried to modify pattern by Krawa - I didn't like the gray details or the way he was sitting - although now, I think it so cute and  I do want to try the original pattern LOL.
I wanted it to have a little heart and point at the person as if to say , " I heart you" (yes super cheese I I know). I feel like the arms are ridiculously too long but I am super happy about the thumb turning out the way it did. It is going to make a great bag chain <3



 I had saved the larger Baymax by Nerdy Knots to make AFTER I watched the movie but, ended up making him for an order. I wasn't really sure I would like it at all but there really is something so nice and comforting about a doll with a plushy, squeezable tummy <3

I had to THINK a little bit as I made this one because I wanted one with joined legs vs. pieced legs as in the pattern.  I THINK it turned out OK but I am convinced that once I WATCH the movie, I will like it much much more. I totally made the fingers then decided to not attach them...and I am not sure if I like it better this way, but the fingers seemed so necessary to me( then again, I haven't seen one close up that had fingers so I'm not qualified to judge)?

I wasn't really sure what sort of pose to give this fella - I'm not a big fan of making dolls that have its arms at the side because well, that's really not natural at all~!
I was trying to figure out what pose to put him in and it finally hit me like a good cup of coffee or Advil - it was a Monday when I made him and well, maybe he'll be a Monday Baymax that is always ready to give you a giant hug whenever you need it? lol I like this thought and posed him as such.

Anyway that is all for today folks, 'till next time.

Love always,
Shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment